Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In addition to trying to get me to try Options Needles, Jackie has also been trying to get me to try knitting Continental and knitting with the Magic Loop method.

I just can't do it. With Magic Loop, my hands kept getting tangled in the loops and moving the project "forward" on the needles in order to work it, is just awkward.

And, as for knitting Continental, my left hand isn't coordinated enough. And, I didn't just try it for a few sts and give up. I did two rounds on a project with 44sts. It was like trying to knit with my right hand and someone else's left hand. But, I am going to try again, because everyone keeps telling me it's much faster than knitting English.

3 comments:

Chopper_Gyrl said...

You know, I would sooner see you learn to knit on magic loop that the Continental. Albeit, it is a faster method, you knit pretty fast with English. The key with learning magic loop is that it will allow you to do more projects faster and easier, instead of being constrained by using DPN's every time you want to knit something small in the round. just my $.02

Kenny said...

But, I haven't used DPN's since I've started using the 2-circular needle method. That is, except for the Koolhaas Hat.

It could be the 47" circ needle was just too long for the 60 stitch project I was working on. Plus, I'm not saying I won't try Magic Loop again...

Mary said...

Don't feel bad about the Continental thing, I keep trying and I just can't get the nack of it either. I still knit pretty fast with the English method and I enjoy knitting that way. If it ain't broke, why fix it!