Thursday, May 1, 2008

My friend Jackie was giving me a hard time the other day because I haven't posted anything in a few (or several) days. Apparently, she gets bored at work and she entertains herself by reading blogs. She also gave another friend a hard time for not posting - check Lara's "suckage" entry of April 10th. Sooooooo, Jackie, what should I blog about...

Actually, to be honest, I'm bad about not posting unless I have an update about a project or I've bought some really cool knitting accessory or bought some nice yarn or something like that. I'm usually the same with my bug blog. Not a lot to report at this time though:

1. I've started a bath towel. It's based on the Dish Cloth pattern that came on the label of a Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton cone. I've made the dish cloth and a hand towel by doubling the stitches and just making it longer. For the bath towel, I quadrupled the number of stitches. People think I'm crazy for knitting a cotton bath towel - especially one as big as this - but... Oh, well.

2. I've knitted another Jayne's Hat and have even started another one. I'm donating one of the hats I knitted earlier to the Dallas Can't Stop the Serenity.

3.

4. I have a rock garden but yesterday, two of them died.

5. I recently made a KnitPicks order. Details and pics to be posted once the order arrives.

6. I don't think I've posted anything about it before, but several months ago, I started a sweater. I wanted to try a pullover sweater, knit completely in the round - I can't stand seaming - but I couldn't find a pattern I liked. So, I just started casting on until I thought I had enough to fit me, then started knitting 2x2 ribbing. I didn't even think about sleeves or anything, so once I got to the point where I needed to think about the sleeves, I put the project away until I could find a pattern that would work. But, I'll be able to use the instructions for the sleeves from this pattern.

That's all I have for now...

2 comments:

Chopper_Gyrl said...

WOOO HOOO!!!! So, just wondering, but what happened to #3 on the list??? Is it typed in invisble ink???

Also, you might want to check with Amy, she is currently finishing the sweater that you used as a possible solution for your sleeves. Might be limited mobility when finished...

Kenny said...

3 is intentionally left blank - don't ask.

And, I saw Amy's sweater last Sunday, that's how I found the pattern. I'm planning to make the sleeves big enough so that movement shouldn't be an issue.