Monday, September 29, 2008

I ordered these GoKnit Pouches last week, from Scout's Swag.





These are the small, and they're great for small project like socks or a hat.

Wasabi Socks in Navy GoKnit Pouch

Here is a pic of my Malabrigo Koolhaas Hat. So far, I've done the 2x2 band and 2 rounds of the chart.


And, here's a pic of my Wasabi Socks. I'm not planning to do anything special - just generic toe-up socks and 2x2 ribbing at the cuff.


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Last night I started over on my first Malabrigo Koolhaas Hat (formerly known as just 'Koolhaas Hat'). And, with how good my Evergreen Koolhaas Hat turned out, I'm really hopeful with this one.

Monday, September 8, 2008

I had to rip out the Hooded Alpaca Parka sweater (from Knitting with Balls by Micael del Vecchio). I deviated slightly from the pattern and the project has been hibernating for so long, that I can't remember what my plan was going to be.

The pattern called for starting with (sl1, p2) and ending with (p2, k1) and for some reason, I started and ended with 5 sts. Plus, the pattern called for 5X2 rib on the RS and purl the WS and I had done all rows in 5X2 rib.

I'm still not following the pattern to the letter - I prefer doing all rows in 5X2 rib (instead of purling every-other row). Plus, it calls for sport weight yarn and I'm using Aran weight.

And, for some reason, back in November I posted the following about this project. "This is a slight variation on the Hooded Alpaca Parka pattern from Knitting With Balls (by Michael del Vecchio). It's done in 5X2 rib and the pattern calls for the 2 stitches to be cabled on the right side, but I'm doing it straight." I have no idea why I said the pattern called for cabling - it doesn't.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I recently ordered a Ravelry bag from the Ravelry Mini-Mart.

Wow. That's some green


I also bought Ravelry and Bob pins


As well as a "Hello. My Name Is (Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die) button

I finally finished the Hot pair of my Hot & Cold Socks project. I had planned to do some type of cable along the outside of the leg, but couldn't decide which cable to use. Instead, I just finished the leg in 2x2 ribbing.