Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I have a really bad habit of not testing/checking gauge before starting a project. I usually just grab some needles and yarn and start knitting. What can I say...? I'm a guy.

Wow, I never thought I would make that statement about knitting. "Sure, I leave the toilet seat up - I'm a guy." "Yes, I'm a pervert - I'm a guy." But, I just never thought I would make that comment about my knitting.

Swatches? We don't need no stinking swatches.

Edited to add: Oh, and another thing I'm bad about not doing is blocking. I usually just wash the FO and let it air-dry. And, that's only for clothing items. Stuff like cozies and such, I don't even wash them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I've ever bothered to block so far is anything felted if I want it to have a specific shape. Other than that... nothin'.

I'm also pretty bad about swatches, although I did do a swatch when I started the last blanket. However, since I've been working on it for well over a year now, that might not mean anything. Fingers crossed it actually works when I go to piece it together. >:(