Saturday, October 4, 2008

One of the reasons I started knitting was because I used to watch my friend Jodi knit and was fascinated by it. But, ever since she had her daughter, her hands have been too full to knit. A few days ago, I asked if I could stop by and plunder her stash. She mentioned that she might have me knit up a couple projects for her, in exchange for yarn. And, remembering that her husband had asked her to knit him a hat, I offered to do that project.

He and I work together, so I my Evergreen Koolhaas Hat to work to have him try it on for size. Later, I asked Jodi if she had a pattern in mind for B's hat and she said he really liked the one I had him try on.

He had picked out some Wool Bam Boo in gray. It's 50% wool and 50% bamboo, and not all that easy to work with - very stretchy. And, since it's more a sock weight, I'm using size 4 and 6 needles, instead of the size 6 and 8 called for in the pattern.

BsKoolhaasHatWIP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I knit at work now. It's the only safe place. ;) I probably could do it at night if we watched more TV and spent less time at the computer. My neighbor wants me to teach her, so I am hoping if I have a knitting buddy nearby I might actually knit more often.

So, when are you coming over? :D

Oh, and thanks a TON!