Thursday, October 16, 2008

I had some Malabrigo Cabernet left over, so I decided to knit a matching scarf for my Malabrigo Koolhaas Hat. I thought about trying to use the Koolhaas pattern, but then I saw brooklyntweed's version of Grumperina's Shifting Sands Scarf and decided to go with it instead.

ShiftingSandsScarfWIP


The pattern doesn't 'pop' like Jared's, but I think it's due to my yarn. I did a knitting-no-no the first time I did the Koolhaas pattern in Malabrigo. I wasn't happy with the results - I should have run through the chart one more time, and I totally messed up the crown - so I ripped it out and started over. Yes, I ripped out Malabrigo. I know, I know. I'm going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

Also, I'm using Grumperina's Cabling Without a Cable Needle Method. It's actually not as hard as it sounds.

No comments: