Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I finished B's hat last night, but it was too short. So I ripped back to the life line that I had put in right before starting the decrease for the crown and I'm going to run through the chart one more time. I ran through the chart 4 times - like I did with my Evergreen hat - but it was too short.

Since the yarn is sock weight or somesuch, I had decided to use size 4 and 6 needles, instead of the size 6 and 8 called for in the pattern (as mentioned in a previous post). The first time I tried it with an additional 8 sts (the chart is worked in 8's or stitches of 8. Get it? "Stitches of 8" Like, "Pieces of 8" Anyway), but after running through the 10 rounds of 2x2 ribbing, it seemed too big. So, I ripped it out and went with the called-for 104 sts, even though I'm using needles that are two sizes smaller than called-for.

No comments: