Monday, August 3, 2009

I started a Doctor Who scarf back in April and I finally finished it yesterday. I used this pattern. I run through the pattern just once and the scarf was a little over 7 feet long last week. I haven't measured since finishing it yesterday.

I didn't follow the pattern exactly. The pattern called for casting on 60 stitch to make the scarf 10 wide. But, since I don't like wide scarves, I only cast on 40 stitches to make it about 7 inches wide. However, I did start another scarf yesterday and I did cast on 60 stitches this time.

(ETA) Forgot to mention... The scarf is 7 inches wide and 13 feet, 4 inches long. I'm thinking about un-doing the bind-off to make it an even 14 inches long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! An actual Doctor Who scarf pattern, that's fantastic.

Are we going to see the pictures?

Kenny said...

Yes, I'll post pictures soon. I posted a couple WIP pics on Ravelry - kennyknits.