Monday, March 31, 2008

So, I decided to start on another pair of socks. But, this time, I wanted to be a little more adventurist and use US 1 needles and Colinette Jitterbug yarn, in Fire (color). I'm using the same pattern I used for my Maroon and Black Skull Socks - Brooklyntweed's Chimney Socks. Once I got a few rounds into the toes, I realized I had plenty of needle space left and decided to start another pair. So, I moved the Fire socks off to some DPN's and used Colinette Jitterbug in Lapis to start another pair. Once I got to the same point in the pattern as the Fire socks, I moved everything back to the same two circular needles.

My plan is to use the Lapis for the toes and heels and Fire for the foot and leg for one pair and Fire for the toes and heels and Lapis for the foot and leg for the other pair.

3 comments:

Chopper_Gyrl said...

OK....can I just say that I bow down to your sock prowess!!! That is a lot of yarn to try and keep track of at one time. Very nice....

Kenny said...

Thank you. I don't think I've ever had anyone "bow down" to me... ;-)~

It does get a little daunting. As a matter of fact, this will probably be a home project, because I tangled the yarn a little putting it away after SnB yesterday. It's really not as hard as it looks, especially with the yarn cakes in individual bags and if I keep the bags lined up like I did yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I suck. I haven't even done one pair of socks and here you are doing two PAIRS at one time! Insane!

I can't wait to see the finished product(s)!