Monday, October 30, 2006

I like to knit. Many years ago (sometime around 1987 or 1988) I learned how to crochet. Now, I've never made an afghan or anything, and as a matter of fact, I've never really actually finished any projects. Other than a stocking cap. I had crocheted a few swatches, but that's about it. I think I would just sit and crochet as a way to keep my hands busy.

A couple months ago, I decided to take up knitting. I was watching my friend, Sm00bs knitting and thought it looked easier than crocheting and I was right. When crocheting, I always had a problem with snagging the yarn of the loop I was pulling through with the hook of the crochet needle. I don't have this problem with knitting. Granted, I still haven't finished any projects, but I'm still learning all the different techniques and stitches. I've found that knitting is very addictive. Anytime I'm not busy, I wish I had my needles and a skein of yarn.

Yes, I know most people think that only women knit, but according to Wikipedia, knitting was originally a male-dominated occupation.

No comments: